The reviews are in. From gutting billions from Medicare, Medicaid to slashing education and other key initiatives, headlines across the country underscore the #TrumpBudget for what it is — a callous roadmap to a sicker and weaker America.
- CNBC: Trump pledged to protect Medicare and Medicaid, but his 2020 budget calls for major spending cuts
- New York Times: Trump Lauded Farmers, Medicare and AIDS Programs. Then He Unsheathed the Budget Knife.
- MSNBC: It’s not just Medicare: Trump budget eyes Social Security cuts, too
- The New Yorker: The White House’s New Budget Exposes Donald Trump’s Lies About Protecting Medicare and Medicaid
- VOX: Trump’s 2020 budget proposal seriously cuts the nation’s safety net
- Washington Post: Trump budget seeks cuts in science funding
Donald Trump, however, set his priorities clear: spend billions on a wasteful, ineffective border wall:
- NPR: Trump’s Budget To Include $8.6 Billion In Border Wall Funding
It’s been a long time since the 2016 election when Trump promised no cuts to Medicare, Medicaid or Social Security. He now has a new message to the American people who stand to lose under his budget: my campaign applause line comes first.